[dokuwiki] Re: Search Index

  • From: Andreas Gohr <andi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2005 21:06:59 +0200

Hi!

> Why not make use of the parser to formulate your search index
> updating. Doing a straight update based on the text files isn't
> guaranteed to provide you with an accurate set of terms. Using the
> parser would also make it easy to assign different weightings to
> individual terms based on their context (e.g. within a header, within
> a level 1 block).  There wouldn't be a lot to write as most modes
> could reuse the same method.

Thought about that one, too. When the how to store and update the index
is solved, adding a weighted indexing should be easy. However I guess it
would be simpler to just use the instruction file for indexing instead
of a whole new renderer... but let's solve first problems first ;-)

> *I wish we could change renderer's "mode" to "format" and avoid
> confusion with syntax modes.

Hmm "format" could be confusing, too... but I dan't come up with a
better word. Go ahead, change it and send a patch.

Andi