[dokuwiki] SV: Re: Jumping text

  • From: "Lindgren Daniel" <daniel.lindgren@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Aug 2009 06:35:37 +0200

> > I'm using IE8 on Vista, and Dokuwiki version 17.
>
> That bug (FS#1667 when the bugtracker works again) has
> (partly) been fixed in the development version.
>
> This fixes the "wild" jumping around:
> hunk ./lib/scripts/edit.js 529
> -
> addEvent($('dw__editform').elements.wikitext,'keyup',function(
> ){locktimer.refresh();});
> +
> addEvent($('dw__editform').elements.wikitext,'keypress',functi
> on(){locktimer.refresh();});
>
> There will still be some minor jumping around (which will at
> least occur in the default template, but not in every
> template). But as that was a reproducable definite IE8 bug
> and less annoying, that wasn't fixed.

If I'm not mistaken, setting IE8 to IE7 compatibility mode is also a
workaround. Not sure it it solves all cursor jumping.

From some older posts in the list (regarding "IE8 compatibility"):

As Gerry suggested, set the appropriate metatag in the templates
main.php for now. no manual user interaction needed...
http://acidmartin.wordpress.com/2009/03/21/using-the-ie8-x-ua-compatibil
ity-meta-tag/

Cheers,
Daniel