[dokuwiki] Re: SUMMARY: Splitting user and dev lists (forum)

  • From: koko <huybkoen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 20 May 2006 23:00:06 +0200

Andreas Gohr schreef:

On Sat, 20 May 2006 15:08:43 -0500 (CDT)
"Joe Lapp" <joe.lapp@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Andi wrote:
[...] I'd like to have at least two moderators who will make
sure the forum stays on topic and move/split posts accordingly.
Do you mean for the moderators to vet all posts prior to publishing
them, or do you mean for them to just take responsiblility for
monitoring posts as they are published? I'm all for the latter
approach.

Yes the latter one of course.

What forum topics would we start with?  Here's one possibility:

- Installation
- Syntax and usage
- Templates and layout

okay.

- Plugin use and development

use only.

- New feature requests
- Bug reports

no.

I do think bug reports belong in the public forum. Most bug reports
are bogus and other users can quickly set people straight. Bugs that
people can confirm later get reported to the dev list. Developers
could still post bug reports to the dev list though; they're more
likely to be legit (unless I happen to be the developer).

No. That's what the bugtracker is for. A bug needs to have a clear state (from new to closed). A forum is not the right place for bug reports. Bogus bugs can be simply closed as "not a bug" in the tracker.

I think new features needs a forum too, so that users can hash out
their value and explore alternative solutions before the developers
take them seriously (and before they go into flyspray).

I guess these things can be discussed in the usual usage sections of the forum. When someone thinks a new feature needs to be integrated she can open a request in the tracker.

Anyway I don't think we need to discuss this until we have someone
volunteering for the moderator job ;-)

Andi
hi,

I volunteer to moderate the forum. I have some experience with DW and I'm able to read ;-)

koko