[dokuwiki] Re: Roadmap for next release

  • From: "Joe Lapp" <joe.lapp@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 05 Sep 2005 16:39:31 -0500 (CDT)

Just something to keep in mind...

> If a plugin's handle function is called, the plugin knows it is going to be
> active in producing output.  It needs some mechanism to talk back to
> dokuwiki and say
> - I need to place some html in the <head>  (e.g. adding scripts, style or
> even meta tags)
> - I need access to the top of the (wiki)page (e.g. special titles)
> - I need access to the bottom of the (wiki)page (e.g. a better place to
> locate one-off data related to popups, footnotes)

There may also be some interaction with whatever future content templates are
coming.  The template may say where the title goes, where the footnotes go, etc.

And when pages are nested within other pages, some sort of composition
functionality is needed.

(My mind is off thinking about the content templates problem and the problem of
repurposing the raw data embedded in a single DokuWiki page among multiple
other pages that somehow reference that page.)

~joe