[dokuwiki] Re: Restricting the creation of new namespace

  • From: Myron Turner <turnermm02@xxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2007 10:49:57 -0600

You can do this with an event handler that checks the $_REQUEST['id'], which will hold the namespace form of the new file.

Look through the events at:
                   http://wiki.splitbrain.org/wiki:events_list
for an appropriate event.

One possibility is using the ACTION_ACT_PREPROCESS event and $event->preventDefault() and $event->stopPropagation(), but you'll want to print an error message to the screen, warning of the impending cut off, otherwise (I've just checked this) the user will not be aware of the issue until trying to save the file.

If you are not familiar with events see:
   http://wiki.splitbrain.org/wiki:events
and my own:
 http://www.mturner.org/wiki/doku.php?id=wiki:event_handlers

Myron

Clemens Perz wrote:
Hi All!

After crawling the wiki, checking the forum and searching the list archive - I have to pose this question to the list itself [you can quickly spot a good project if the documentation is so rich that it is hard to find the small details ;-)) ]

I wonder if there is a way to restrict the creation of new namespaces to a list of terms the administrator has defined in advance, case sensitve and including the definition of subs. By adding an array of terms to the local.php? ...

Here we have some users who drive me mad with typos and make me move pages from/to namespaces all the day.

Cheers,
Clemens