[dokuwiki] Requiring summaries (was: darcs changes)

  • From: "Joe Lapp" <joe.lapp@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 02 Oct 2005 23:14:56 -0500 (CDT)

> Sun Oct  2 13:32:55 CEST 2005  Andreas Gohr <andi[at]splitbrain.org>
>   * minor edit checkbox

Thank you!  I meant to get to this but have been keeping busy.

I also need a $conf['requiresums'], which when set would require that the user
either provide a summary or click minor edit.  Reason: I'm controlling the
quality of my feeds and can't allow minor edits to slip through.  Minor edits
in my feeds would cause users to unsubscribe from the feeds.

My preference is that if you press Save and you haven't done one of the
required actions, that a Javascript dialog box pops up.  I don't like having to
wait for an HTTP round trip to complete to get an error message telling me that
I forgot to do something -- my brain registers this wait as unnecessarily rude.
 Besides, I might have walked away in the mean time.  There's nothing like
instant feedback.

The dialog box would say: "Please either enter a summary or click 'minor edit.'
 [Okay]"

Is this something that could go into DokuWiki proper?  Any suggested tweaks?
Thanks!

~joe