[dokuwiki] Re: Relicensing question

  • From: Andreas Gohr <andi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2010 10:57:39 +0200

2010/6/14 Tanguy Ortolo <tanguy+dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxx>:
> Le lundi 14 juin 2010, Andreas Gohr a écrit :
>> 1st explain why and what the license change is good for + some to see
>> if people agree at all
>>
>> 2nd give a timeframe (possibly several months) where a message is
>> displayed about the change to come at the top of the wiki. There
>> should be a way where people can object to have their content
>> relicensed. In that case we identify and remove it.
>>
>> 3rd we finally switch the license.
>
> No, this should be efficient, but I think it would be illegal. Only the
> copyright owner of a writing, and those he allows to do so can relicense
> it. As CC-BY-NC-SA does not allow anyone to relicense the work, only the
> copyright owners, that is, the author of each page…

Well, identifiable authors (those who have a login) would be informed
by email. Since we allow anonymous edits, there's no way to ask
everyone. Additionally there is no one author of a page... On the
other hand I think most of the core documentation content was written
by me and a handful of core contributors anyway.

I know this is somewhat complicated, but shouldn't be unsolvable. It's
not Shakespeare what we're talking about here...

Andi

PS: Is there someone who could help us with this? Maybe someone from
the Creative Commons people? Or the FSF?

--
splitbrain.org