[dokuwiki] Re: Question on darcs plugin

  • From: Werner Flamme <werner.flamme@xxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 29 May 2006 12:04:52 +0200

Chris Smith schrieb:

Werner Flamme wrote:
Hi,

I installed DokuWiki via darcs and some plugins too (darcs, box, definitionlist, folded, latex). When calling Admin -> darcs repository, I sometimes see patches for the plugins, but for DokuWiki itself I'm told it's up to date.

When I enter the DokuWiki directory in a shell and enter "darcs pull", the patches I read about in this mailinglist ("darcs changes") are pulled and applied - so DokuWiki was not up to date before.

Someone else with this issue? The "generator" meta tag says I'm using "DokuWiki Darcs 2006-05-28" now.

Regards,
Werner
Darcs maybe failing when it is attempting to pull for DokuWiki. I did have something similar happen to me once. I can't recall how I overcame it. Sorry :)

You may want to look at the permissions for your DokuWiki installation. Darcs will probably be run under whatever user/group your webserver runs under it may not have write access to its own files (or DokuWiki main files).

Cheers,

Chris

Chris,

I am sorry, I forgot to mention that I read this advice ("permissions") during the weekend and changed permissions for _darcs (and all files beneath) to 777 before invoking the darcs plugin today. BTW, I had "chown wwwrun:www * -R" and "chmod g+w * -R" for the whole subdirectory directly after installation.

Werner