[dokuwiki] Re: Proposal: FS#113, notify changes

  • From: Andreas Gohr <andi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2005 12:01:01 +0200

On Tue, 21 Jun 2005 21:23:15 -0500
Steven Danz <steven-danz@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I've worked up a patch for a first pass at allowing users to elect to
> have email sent to them when pages of the wiki are updated. Andreas
> suggested I post it and something of an overview of the approach to
> generate some discussion.  I haven't tried to 'darcs send' it, but I
> could if that would be easier.

I just want to give some short feedback. I like your code but I'd like to defer
inclusion until the next release is out (If I can get my ass up I will do a
release this weekend - but no promises)

I'd like to discuss the locking mechanism as well. The .mlist file needs to be
locked for a very short time while writing only. The lock doesn't need to
survive multiple script runs, too. So I think it would be more efficient to use
the locking mechanisms provided by the underling OS using the flock() call
instead of creating lockfiles our self...