[dokuwiki] Re: Preserving Image Aspect Ratios

  • From: Roman Zimmermann <ladoo@xxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 25 Mar 2006 17:28:14 +0100

Hallo!

Anika Henke wrote:
> to produce the same effect.
> The only thing that's missing in the current DokuWiki syntax is to
> give the *height* and preserve the *width* aspect ratio (instead of
> giving the *width* and preserving the *height* aspect ratio).
> But I don't think that's really needed. Do you?
It would probably be much more  convenient to set the size  by defining
a rectangle.  Another example:

The image has the size 246x370px and  you want it to fit in an rectangle
of 200x300 and that without using a calculator... surely its possible by
handling only the width, but for each of those images you have to first
calculate it. And now imagine you have a dozen of such images per
wiki-page ... With the proposed feature it would be a matter of copy&paste.

For short: I do think it would be useful. If it is needed depends on how
many images you use.

Roman