[dokuwiki] Re: Preserve newlines but otherwise process normally - how?

  • From: Christopher Smith <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 16 Feb 2010 23:11:36 +0000
On 16 Feb 2010, at 14:13, Chris G wrote:

> On Tue, Feb 16, 2010 at 02:46:25PM +0100, Andreas Haerter wrote:
>> Hi Chris,
>>
>> Chris G schrieb:
>>> I have some text (E-Mail bodies mostly) that I am copying into
>>> DokuWiki pages, the default DokuWiki parsing works pretty well except
>>> that I really need to preserve the newlines.
>>
>> Maybe "linebreak" (<http://www.dokuwiki.org/plugin:linebreak>) is your
>> friend. But I did not try it for myself... therefore I can't tell if it
>> works without ugly side effects.
>>
> Thanks, yes, that's probably what I want - or the xbr plugin that it
> refers to.

Use xbr rather than linebreak.  xbr is a render plugin and replaces the way the
DokuWiki renders ordinary text to preserve line breaks.  Linebreak is a hack
from the time before render plugins were possible.  Its reported not to work
(at least in some wikis) with the latest version of DokuWiki.  I won't be
updating it.

- Chris
(author of both xbr and linebreak plugins)