[dokuwiki] Presentation and futur work on dokuwiki

  • From: YoBoY <yoboy.leguesh@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 20 Mar 2010 17:57:14 +0100

Hi,

I'm in charge of the French documentation of Ubuntu powered by the great Dokuwiki ( http://doc.ubuntu-fr.org ). I'm really enjoying to work on this wiki.

Since we are upgrading to the new stable version of Dokuwiki, I wanted to rewrite our actuals patches improving the performance to make them useful for all the community.

Theses patches cache a major part of the access to our NFS file system by limiting the use of the readdir php function, but they use a shell script executed by a cron. So i have to re-think all the process in PHP.

My intention is to rewrite some of the function using this readdir function to add a cache system based on a configuration option.

Theses patch are not really needed on a small wiki but with a lot of pages (we have more than 5000 pages) it's critical.

YoBoY