[dokuwiki] Plugins, modes and, in particular, 'substition'

  • From: Chris G <cl@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 16 Oct 2011 16:55:52 +0100

I'm interested in getting some plugins to nest, such that I can set the
parameters for one plugin (the include plugin in particular) with the
result of another plugin (it's a plugin I have written myself, called xv).

So, say I have the following in my dokuwiki page:-

    {{page>ns1:ns2:<xv>some xv parameters</xv>}}

Is it possible to make it so that the include plugin processes the
following:-

    {{page>ns1:ns2:<what xv outputs>}}

Or is this simply impossible as the include plugin type is 'substition'?

If I switched things around and did:-

and declared xv to be (say) a 'container' plugin that explicitly allows
'substition' plugins within it would I have more chance of things working?
Would the xv plugin have to change the contents of $match in the 'case
DOKU_LEXER_UNMATCHED' sections of the code for this to work?

--
Chris Green