[dokuwiki] Re: Plugin programming question - how to 're-parse' something?

  • From: Guillaume Turri <guillaume.turri@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 16 Oct 2011 19:35:04 +0200

2011/10/16 Chris G <cl@xxxxxxxx>

> As you say I think case 2 is the better option for what I'm trying to
> do.  However I'm not quite clear *when* the text between the tags gets
> parsed relative to when my plugin is seeing it

When I have the hidden plugin deal with this :
<hidden myTest>
**line1** and a bit more
line2
</hidden>

here is what I notice in the handle() function:
- We enter in the DOKU_LEXER_ENTER case only with $match set to "<hidden
myTest>"
- We enter in the DOKU_LEXER_UNMATCHED case only with $match first set to
"and a bit more", then to "line2"
- We never have $match set to **line1**, but it is correctly displayed
between <strong> html tags

It seems therefore that Dokuwiki handles the magic by itself: it recognizes
the mode defined by ** and since the hidden plugin tells that it accepts
"formatting" modes, it deals with it.
Said otherwise : the "when" is "before it reaches the plugin"

I hope this helps you.

Regards,
Guillaume