[dokuwiki] Re: Plugin programming question - how to 're-parse' something?

  • From: Chris G <cl@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 16 Oct 2011 18:11:26 +0100

On Sun, Oct 16, 2011 at 06:25:02PM +0200, Guillaume Turri wrote:
>    Hi,
>
>    2011/10/14 Chris G <[1]cl@xxxxxxxx>
>
>      Is it possible to re-parse some code from within a syntax plugin?
>
>    The hidden plugin[1] does it in two ways:
>    1 - It parses the text in the first <hidden> tag. Here, it already has a
>    text to parse. It's done like this:
>    >  $tab = array();
>    >  $parsedText = p_render('xhtml', p_get_instructions($rawText), $tab);
>
>    I'm afraid it's not the most effective way to do it (like in "we're
>    launching a whole new parsing chain"); but it works.
>
>    2 - It lets parse the text between the <hidden> tags. It means in
>    particular that nested plugins may be used.
>    It's done  thanks to the getAllowedTypes() and accepts() functions

Thanks, you've answered two of my E-Mails in one go!  :-)

As you say I think case 2 is the better option for what I'm trying to
do.  However I'm not quite clear *when* the text between the tags gets
parsed relative to when my plugin is seeing it, I'll have to go and try
some things out I think!

--
Chris Green