[dokuwiki] Plugin Methodology

  • From: Myron Turner <turnermm02@xxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 07 May 2007 09:13:08 -0500

I have written a plugin which sets different access levels for using embedded HTML for selected users. $conf['htmlok'] is left at the default setting of false, but if a user has HTML access, then an action script sets htmlok to true. The permissions are set in an admin script but are enforced in a syntax script. I've been working on this for about a month now, and it's essentially finished. Up until this morning, I've been using the default identifiers for DokuWiki's embedded HTML, which is simply the two html tags between which the embedded html is placed:

    <H1>Hello, there</H1>

Based on something I read or thought I read when I began the project, I was under the impression that I had to use the <html> tags because DokuWiki already supported embedded HTML and that the markup had to go both through DouWiki's native html parser and my own plugin. But this morning it dawned on me that this might be unnecessary doubling up. I changed the tag to to an arbitrary test name, <html_2>. . .</html_2> and there was no change in behavior. I was wondering if anyone could clarify the relationships here. Do I in fact have to engage the native DokuWiki html functionality? And is there in fact some doubling up? Or is there perhaps time saved, because if $conf['htmlok'] is set to true, then the DukuWiki parser can ignore HTML altogether?

Thanks,

Myron Turner