[dokuwiki] Re: Planning update to 2006-09-28

  • From: "Bob McConnell" <rvm@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2006 17:18:43 -0400

Hi Mark,

Thanks for responding, I do like that tag line.

If this upgrade takes more than half a day, my wife and grandchildren
will be very upset, weekends are supposed to be family time. My wife is
already complaining about losing me for half a day because I have to
come into the office to do this.

X-Windows is not an option, it is not installed on the server. I use
TextPad4 for editing on the share and have had no problems so far. It
does a good job of protecting encoding and line endings. I also have ssh
access to the base directory and can change permissions on any files and
directories I create. I can use joe over ssh if it comes to that.

I will have to talk to the webmaster to see if I can get a test domain
set up on that server and in DNS. Otherwise, I don't have http access to
any other directory. Even though this site is on a development server
and is for internal use only, it is tightly locked down.

It appears that there are now two versions of Blog, the original and the
action plugin. Unless the old one will not work or be supported on the
new release, I see no reason to switch. Plus I didn't see any
information about how to switch from the old to the new.

Bob McConnell