[dokuwiki] Re: Performance: scripts at the bottom?

  • From: Colin McKinnon <colin.mckinnon@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 30 Jun 2013 15:36:41 +0100

Hi all,

For info, I implemented the changes to support deferred loading of
Dokuwiki's javascript in a syntax plugin (Jokuwiki) and template
(starterPjax) which are now available via the Dokuwiki site.

While these will enable PJAX based loading out of the box, to enable
deferred loading of the Dokuwiki javascript on the first page the user hits
needs a small change to the Dokuwiki code - see
https://www.dokuwiki.org/template:starterpjax?&#speeding_up_the_first_page

The template page also has metrics accessing the site via 'localhost'.
here's an earlier version of the code running on
http://www.scottishratclub.co.uk/ if you want to see it in action.  I've
also added an example of a javascript-only plugin (jwHelloWorld) at the
Dokuwiki site.

Any feedback welcome.

C.