[dokuwiki] Re: Performance issues

  • From: "Harry Fuecks" <hfuecks@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 1 Apr 2006 22:24:53 +0200

> The feed. Harry you once submitted a summary renderer which is currently
> not used anywhere. Shouldn't we use it for the feed?

It probably needs some careful review but it might be useful. I was
particularily interested in being able to manage the RSS feed by hand
(making it more of a summary) so it won't directly solve the problem
but caching output on the feed would probably help alot. Perhaps the
feed should be just a static XML file, built by a "process" like the
indexer? Might also be nice to have an admin tool for building the
feed.

It might also be worth considering the tip on offloading static
content here -
http://www.oracle.com/technology/pub/articles/php_experts/scaling_oracle_and_php.html
(search down for "offloading static content") - allowing users to
control this via their dokuwiki config would allow high traffic sites
to serve all static content via another HTTP server such as
lighthttpd.