[dokuwiki] Paragraphtypes for syntax plugins

  • From: Andreas Gohr <andi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 26 Jun 2005 13:23:00 +0200

Hi all!

I just pushed a patch which adds another function to the syntax plugins. Here
is the prototype.

/**
 * Paragraph Type
 *
 * Defines how this syntax is handled regarding paragraphs. This is important
 * for correct XHTML nesting. Should return one of the following:
 *
 * 'normal' - The plugin can be used inside paragraphs
 * 'block'  - Open paragraphs need to be closed before plugin output
 * 'stack'  - Special case. Plugin wraps other paragraphs.
 *
 * @see Doku_Handler_Block
 */
 function getPType(){
        return 'normal';
 }

All syntax plugins should continue to work as before. However all those which
had problems with XHTML validity because of incorrect nested tags should try to
override the function and return 'block'.

The function is called in Doku_Handler_Block in handler.php. I'm not sure if
this is going into the right direction at all. Pleas test it and report your
experiences. Any suggestions or patches to cleanup the Doku_Handler_Block class
are very welcome.