[dokuwiki] Re: PagemoveNG [GSOC 2011]

  • From: Izidor Matušov <izidor.matusov@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2011 00:28:21 +0100

Hi guys interested in PageMoveNG!

As a part of preparing my application, I forked the "current" version of
code [1] and play with it.

My goal is to repair the part of the code which changes links in the
page. Unfortunately, the code mess the whitespace (sometimes there is an
additional empty line, sometimes one is missing, etc.)

Although using DokuWiki core parser has some advantages, there are
several major disadvantages. Mainly, some formating features are lost
during parsing a page in DokuWiki parser. For example, the page

<page>
Sample paragraph 1

Sample paragraph 2
</page>

Is represented as:
<representation>
[begin paragraph]Sample paragraph 1[end paragraph][begin
paragraph]Sample paragraph 2[end paragraph]
</representation>

There is no way how to find that you've used two empty lines instead of
one.

Is it acceptable for you when you move the page to ignore those
irrelevant white spaces? It would have no impact on how the rendered
page looks like. (You could take that like removing redundant whitespace
and making your page look nicer in code ;) Of course, whitespace in
<code> stays untouched.

What do you think? I'm interested in you opinions!

Izidor,
GSoC candidate

1: https://github.com/iyonius/dokuwiki-plugin-pagemoveng