[dokuwiki] Re: Packaging Angua for Debian

  • From: Myron Turner <turnermm02@xxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2012 18:01:14 -0600

On 1/10/2012 12:58 PM, Myron Turner wrote:
I've been looking at the Debian and Ubuntu packages with the aim of
updating some of the documentation on dokuwiki.org. I realize that you
are in the midst of a package upgrade for Debian, but it should be
mentioned that that current packages on both Debian and Ubuntu are Lemming.

I thought you might want some input on a number of issues that came up
when installing from the package manager.

1. The package manager asks for an admin password but does not say what
the admin's userid is.
2. The apache config for Dokuwiki is set up for localhost use only.
3. As admin, I wasn't able to make any configuration changes because the
permissions were not set for www-data on the config files.
4. When doing a complete uninstall, the synaptic package manager doesn't
uninstall /var/lib/dokuwiki.

I realize that you may have addressed all or some of these issues in your new package. But I would like to add another, just in case, which is that plugins cannot be installed from the default packaging because lib/plugins is not owned or writable by www-data.

--
Myron Turner
http://mturner.org/