[dokuwiki] Ownership of image metadata

  • From: "Joe Lapp" <joe.lapp@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 26 May 2006 20:33:23 -0500 (CDT)

How do you doo doo?

I thought I'd start a conversation about how we might restrict the ability to
edit image EXIF/IPTC metadata.  I want users to retain all ownership of their
images, and since the metadata moves around with the image, that means
ownership of the metadata too.

In particular, I'd love to see a way to restrict editing the metadata of an
image to:

- The logged-in user who uploaded the image.
- Users with admin privileges.

In my case, anonymous users will not be able to upload files, but I suppose
that perhaps anyone should be able to edit the metadata of an image uploaded by
an anonymous user (dunno).

In addition, I need to be able to (possibly manually) assign ownership to
images uploaded directly by FTP, with the ability to do so en masse.

Since I don't believe dokuwiki has a per-file ACL system, this might be a bit
challenging.  Perhaps we could store the user's login name in the image
metadata, giving only admins the ability to edit this stored name?  (I am able
to make this edit en masse by using a separate utility.)

Thanks!
~joe