[dokuwiki] OUTER_SCF problem without OT

  • From: Christoph Schran <Christoph.Schran@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 09 Jul 2015 17:25:35 -0700

Hello everyone,

I noticed that CP2K simulations with OUTER_SCF loop don't get the correct RMS gradient when OT is disabled.
Instead of using the gradient from the inner loop, the gradient is set to zero which stops the SCF directly after the first step of the outer loop,
although the SCF procedure is not really converged.

The problem can be reproduced by using one of the input files in /tests/QS/regtest-ot/ as He2_none_full_inverse.inp by disabling OT
and using the precompiled CP2K vesion 2.6.

A workaround is to perform the calculation without OUTER_SCF and increase MAX_SCF, but I guess an error message for this particular
combination of keywords might be nice.

Best,

Christoph