[dokuwiki] Re: New Start

  • From: "Chip Dunning" <chip.dunning@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2008 08:15:16 -0400

So, wikis work better flat and using interlinks to move around?

As an example the Religious Book for my world is just over 200 pages
long, it details fully my 6 core religions (15-20 pages each),
another 20 minor religions (1 page each), and the rest of the pages
are scattered among 9 large religions that are more localized (about
5-10 pages each).

So, using this setup I would create a 1-page overview for each of the
religions...

Temple of Light
Irrishites
Elven Court
Xian

then I would convert my 200-page master book into a single wiki page.
Each of the overview pages would link into a given section of the
master book.

I have only a few concerns.

1) This would create a large number of files under a single directory.
Given an overview for each of the religions, countries, races, and
monsters would tally over 5000 pages. I want to make sure this would
not be too much for the wiki.

2) Second, it would create some pages that are very large - like the
Religion and Magic books. Would these pages be too large? Is there an
upper limit that the search begins to slow down?

Chip