[dokuwiki] Re: Multilingual wiki

  • From: Guy Brand <gb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2007 16:20:51 +0100

On 28 January at 14:45, N. Volbers wrote:

> In this context, I would like to point out my feature request which
> unfortunately has not had any attention so far ;-)
>
>   http://bugs.splitbrain.org/?do=details&id=1009
>
> This translation tag would serve as a nice mean to synchronize content
> from different languages.

  The idea is nice, but the implementation is naive. So my cat.txt
  page is at tag 44, and the translated french chat.txt page is at
  61, synced with 44. Now I fix a stupid double spacing copy-paste
  in cat.txt, bringing it to revision 45 and chat.txt is out of sync
  and displayed as such. Translated docs are related but not as
  simply as this. Even a x.y revision tag would be better (cat going
  from 44.0 to 44.1), but this would involve manual tagging (a la
  checking the "minor" checkbox in dokuwiki's editor) on which you'd
  better not rely to decide two documents are out of sync :-)

  Regards,

--
  bug