[dokuwiki] Re: Multilingual wiki

  • From: "Todd Augsburger" <todd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 27 Jan 2007 11:43:42 -0500

At 11:43 +0100 UTC, on 2007-01-27, Guy Brand wrote:

>   I'm working on adding multilingual support in DokuWiki. The goal is
>   to handle pages which are available in different languages. At this
>   stage I need your opinions on the way to handle a page variants i.e.
>   page and its translated sisters, and more precisely, where you store
>   these translated pages.

Just a thought ...
What if it was all stored in a single page, with a syntax plugin to manage
tagged content in containers:
<lang_en>
</lang_en>
etc.
There could also be common non-language specific sections as well.

Then another plugin to provide the appropriately cached page based on the
user's preference:
page.txt, page.txt.en, etc. just by specifying another filename if the tags
exist for that preference

The data could possibly then be edited independently, like section editing.

I don't know how this would play out, but might be possible.

Todd Augsburger
todd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Roller Organs
www.rollerorgans.com