[dokuwiki] Re: Mixture of syntax and action plugin wanted - how to do this?

  • From: Myron Turner <turnermm02@xxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 06 Feb 2012 11:02:13 -0600

On 2/6/2012 10:45 AM, Chris Green wrote:
I'm trying to do something that seems to be a mixture of a syntax plugin
and an action plugin.

It's a syntax plugin in that I need to extract some information from the
wiki text using the syntax plugin connectTo() function, but then it's an
action plugin because I only want to do something with the extracted
text when the page it's on has been edited (or created).

Is there any mechanism for handing data between them?  I need to extract
the text and put it somewhere so that an action plugin triggered by
(say) IO_WIKIPAGE_WRITE can handle it.

Alternatively do I simply put it all in the IO_WIKIPAGE_WRITE action
plugin and search for the relevant text strings there?

It's not clear why you can't do this from within the syntax plugin:
<save_this_stuff>
stuff
</save_this_stuff>
The syntax plugin sees this and saves it. The only problem is book-keeping, i.e. keeping track of the fact that "stuff" has been saved.

--
Myron Turner
http://mturner.org/