[dokuwiki] Re: Minor edits in Recent changes

  • From: "Joe Lapp" <joe.lapp@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2005 14:09:46 -0500 (CDT)

Uh oh.  Another deluge of ideas.  My preference, and the reason I wanted minor
edits in the first place:

Show all major edits and no minor edits, possibly limiting by date back in time
or by total number of changes shown (or by both).

In my case, I am updating calendar information.  One edit might say "Class X
cancelled."  Another might say "Walk Y moved to new location."  In my case, the
feed subscriber needs to see the edit summaries.  Just showing the most recent
might decieve them into thinking that only one event has changed.

I figure if we have minor edits, we have them specifically to say what should
and what should not appear in the feed.  We already reduce feed clutter by
marking things as minor.  I don't see the need for also reducing feed clutter
by only showing the most recent summary.

But right now even minor edits are shown for anonymous users.  If anonymous
users can't mark their edits as minor, we still have a potential clutter
problem.

~joe