[dokuwiki] Re: Media/image files, isn't there a simpler way?

  • From: Michiel Kamermans <pomax@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2010 10:55:11 -0700

On 8/16/2010 7:03 AM, Chris G wrote:
All it needs is for dokuwiki to allow a links something like:-
     [[image.png|Picture of me]]

Maybe I'm missing something, but why don't you just upload the files to /data/media directly, then? You don't need to upload it via the wiki system for dokuwiki to successfully link to it, just drop your files in the media directory and use the syntax you just gave as example. I do this almost exclusively - especially for large files I'm not going to rely on a web transfer, it's sftp every time.

- Mike "Pomax" Kamermans
nihongoresources.com