[dokuwiki] Maximum Parsable Size?

  • From: Martin Gill <martin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2007 13:09:27 +0000

Is there a limit to the maximum page size that can be parsed?

I tried the following and the parsing engine fell over

===== Heading =====

1234 Errors

<code>>build</code>

<file>
</file>

Where ... was just over 850 lines of text (compiler between 20-100 (estimate)
chars a line).

The heading rendered, but everything else was unformatted. If I reduced the
number of lines, things became formatted again.

I checked the lines I'd removed on another page to make sure they didn't
contain any characters the engine didn't like, which they didn't as they
rendered properly.

I suspect we might have hit a magical size (65535 at a guess) which was
exceeded, and things started to go wrong.

I'm running the latest stable version, and was wondering a couple of things:

1) Can someone reproduce this?
2) How often are people likely to put that much text on a page, i.e. how big a
deal is this.
3) Does this qualify as a bug, or as a limitation of the engine.

--Martin

--
Homepage: http://www.martinsgill.co.uk
    Blog: http://blog.martinsgill.co.uk