[dokuwiki] Re: Lists plug-in : PHP 4.4.3 vs. 5.2.1

  • From: "Metz, Bobby" <Bobby.Metz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Jul 2009 19:06:25 -0400

> "This plugin functionally *replaces* (and enhances) DokuWiki's built-in
> handling of un/ordered lists. Both list markup styles /must not/ be
> mixed in a document."
>
> Maybe your old lists haven't been updated and have been in DokuWiki's
> cache all the time?

Thanks for the feedback Anika,

That did cross my mind, but I ruled out both possibilities.  My problem pages
are the most frequently visited pages we have, so the cache should have updated
frequently as we edited.  These pages also do not use mixed syntax, only
standard DW lists, so the plug-in warning didn't apply.

FWIW, it was my understanding that the plug-in does not fully replace the
standard lists, only enhances them if you use the extended syntax.  Yes,
agreed, you shouldn't use both syntaxes on the same page, but it can be done.

It seems that the lists patterns are more greedy in 5.2.1 vs. 4.4.2, almost as
if \s* is interpreted as 'one space followed by everything else' vs. 'zero or
more spaces'.  I only say this as the output reflected the former.  I've
googled for differences between the two PHP versions but haven't found anything
promising.  The changes I made will prevent a list item of '*Item', instead
requiring '* Item', but it does the trick so far.

Bobby