[dokuwiki] Re: Listing supported interwiki targets

  • From: Andreas Gohr <andi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2008 21:54:12 +0100

On Tue, 26 Feb 2008 14:25:48 -0500
"Jay Dickon Glanville" <dickon.glanville@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I'm sure that there is an easy answer for this, one that I can't find
> on the email lists or the DokuWiki website.  So, I'll ask.
>
> When I'm writing an article where I want to insert an interwiki link,
> I can never remember which interwiki link types this instance of
> DokuWiki supports.  I'm sure that many of the users on the system also
> have the same question.  Therefore, it's inappropriate to expect these
> users to have to telnet to the server to inspect the
> conf/interwiki.conf file.
>
> I'm assuming that DokuWiki can dynamically list the interwiki types
> that it supports, just like it lists the installed plugins at the
> bottom of the wiki:syntax.  I think this because to ask the
> administrator to manually maintain an article listing all the
> supported interwiki types would be just plain madness.
>
> So, is there a way for the average article author to determine / list
> the supported interwiki types?  If so, how?

Uhm, no there isn't :-) There is a list of the default ones at
wiki:interwiki - for the ones you use at your wiki I recommend to list
them somewhere in your wiki. OTOH adding a toolbar button for these
shouldn't be too hard either.

Most Wikis I'm aware of just use a handful of easy to remember
shortcuts, so this never were really a problem.

http://www.splitbrain.org