[dokuwiki] Re: List syntax

  • From: Martin Gill <martin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 08 Jun 2007 12:35:59 +0100

Chris Smith wrote:

Its a wiki parsing issue, rather than an HTML/CSS issue. At present the parser is set to detect the end of a list item when it encounters a new line. For anyone wishing to investigate this, the appropriate code is mainly in parser/handler.php with list patterns also in parser/parser.php. There are a couple of list plugins, the authors of those may be worth contacting for advice/help in developing a plugin (or patch) to achieve the effect you are after.

I'm not able to look at the code at the moment, and I'm not that familiar with the parser.

As a suggestion though, how about looking for double line endings for the end of the list item, with the special case of /\ns+*/ for the next list item.

The double line ending seems intuative to me, since every single list I've ever written ends with a double line ending:

* Item 1
* Item 2

More Text here