[dokuwiki] Re: Linked Timestamping

  • From: Michael Kirchner <michael.kirchner@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2011 11:44:12 +0200

Hi Jason,

Am 30.03.2011 17:25, schrieb Jason Grout:
> This is similar to what git does, for example.  Every commit has a hash
> that is calculated from the contents of that commit *and* the preceding
> hash (IIRC).  That means that if you have a hash that represents a
> certain commit in git, you can be relatively certain (up to how much you
> trust the hashing algorithm) that the entire chain of edits from the
> start has not been tampered with.  I believe Mercurial and Mono do
> similar things.

Oh, ok. At the moment I do not quite see the connection to trusted
linked timestamping.

> The nice thing is that you could publish hashes, or if you wanted, just
> push your entire repository somewhere (or have someone agree to pull
> from your repository periodically).

Jup, that is true.

Do you know how to write a plugin for dokuwiki? Would it be simple or
complicated to write a plugin for dokuwiki, that does something similar
as the wordpress plugin? Perhaps using the existing wp-plugins code and
libaries? I guess there must be some changes as wordpress uses a
database, while dokuwiki does not.

Regards,
Michael