[dokuwiki] Re: Leaner HTML Markup

  • From: Christopher Smith <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 7 May 2008 10:06:03 +0100

You haven't made a case "for" leaner markup or given any examples of what markup you consider "not lean" and given corresponding examples of "lean" versions.

On 7 May 2008, at 05:52, fantasai wrote:
One thing I've been considering for awhile is tweaking DokuWiki to
generate leaner markup: less unnecessary elements and classes, better
structural markup. The flip side is there would in some cases be less
elements to use as styling hooks, and in others cases selectors would
need to be changed to rely on nesting structure rather than explicit
elements. Before I make my dokuwiki upgrades difficult, I wanted to
know if there would be any interest in or opposition to accepting such
patches upstream...

~fantasai