[dokuwiki] Re: Layout in dokuwiki using tables/divs/whatever

  • From: Mischa The Evil <mischa@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 06 Aug 2007 03:31:14 +0200

On Sat, 04 Aug 2007 12:49:15 +0200 (CEST)
"Wouter Schoot" <wouter@xxxxxxxxxx>  wrote:
Hi all,

As a mediawiki user I got used to the layout of a big table/divs, in a square, two rows, two colums, to categorize some of my wiki entries.

As an example, I refer to http://wiki.student.utwente.nl/nl/wiki.php/Hoofdpagina .

However, while dokuwiki has an option to allow markup languages, dokuwiki syntax in between those tags doesn't get parsed.

Whats the easiest (preferably built-in, instead of plug-in) approach to this matter?

Thanks in advance!

Wouter
I came across that difference in creating pages too, but I found a solution that is working pretty well, although it's not a complete replacement for MediaWiki's facilities.

I use the boxes-plugin written by Christopher Smith (http://wiki.splitbrain.org/plugin%3Aboxes), with some adjusted CSS-styles. This way I can place two colums of boxes side-by-side for "categorizing" my content. Also the boxes can have footers and titles. The title's can be made bigger --not using the normal heading-markup provided by DW (since these tags aren't parsed inside the boxes)-- using the [size=x]-tags provided by the bbcode-plugin written by Esther Brunner (http://wiki.splitbrain.org/plugin%3Abbcode).

I don't know if this "solution" is sufficient for your needs, but maybe it helps :-)

Greetings,

Mischa The Evil.