[dokuwiki] Re: Latexmathml plugin.

  • From: Venkat Ramanan <venkatr2004@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 11 May 2009 15:37:37 -0400

On Mon, May 11, 2009 at 3:02 PM, Michael Klier <chi@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Mon, May 11, 2009 at 01:30:27PM -0400, Venkat Ramanan wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Is there a plugin for latexmathml?  ( http://math.etsu.edu/LaTeXMathML/ )
>>
>> It'd be quite useful for displaying math-equations ( as an alternative to
>> jsmath ). Both use TeX syntax for entering equations.
>
> Try this: http://tinyurl.com/qvkl3r

Yes I searched for the latexmathml plugin. If I had found it, I
wouldn't be typing this.

Anyway, the results only showed 3 class of solutions.

1. Image based solutions which converts latex to images using dvipng
or some-other program.

2. asciimathml doesn't use TeX syntax.

3. The mathmulti plugin seems to need other tools ( like itex2mml )
which are not installed in the server.

In contrast, latexmathml converts the input latex (actually the
relevant subset of latex) into mathml without requiring any other
tool.

Anyway, it is also good to know about best-practices/experiences of
others before deciding on a solution.

Thanks,
Venkat.