[dokuwiki] Re: JQuery / Ajax /Sack

  • From: Michael Hamann <michael@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki <dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 30 May 2011 10:55:07 +0200

Hi,

Excerpts from Myron Turner's message of 2011-05-30 03:29:12 +0200:
> How will the conversion to JQuery affect plugins which have been using
> the Dokuwiki Sack module?

My plan - and that's also the current status - is to keep the old
JavaScript libraries but to deprecate them and to remove them then
according to our deprecation plan in the October 2012 release which
should give plugin authors plenty of time to migrate their JavaScript
code to jQuery.

I think this should be made a bit more obvious and the documentation
still needs to be updated, there are also certain parts of our old
JavaScript framework that have been migrated to use jQuery internally
that will be kept, maybe we should move all code that will be removed to
one JavaScript file so it is also easier to test if the code will work
after the change by simply removing that one file from the list of
included JavaScript files.

Michael