[dokuwiki] Re: Is useheading broken?

  • From: Frank Siegert <hugelmopf@xxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 14 May 2006 17:45:30 +0200

,--- Joe Lapp wrote

|____________________________________

|____________________________________

| NEVERMIND!!
|
| Deleting the cache *is* the problem.  Apparently the header isn't available
| for the title until the page has been cached.  Makes sense, as the first
| heading isn't yet known on the first pass, at the point where the page needs
| the title.
`----

I found this thread when I wanted to report the same problem, and want to add,
that the problem is not completely solved yet.
As you write, the links will be shown with wiki-ID on their first loading, and
will be shown with header afterwards. Sounds fine.
But that's only for the same user. I found, that if I view the pages from a
different computer, they also get shown with wiki-ID on first loading and
header afterwards (although they already show with header on the first
computer)
Can you confirm this, and is this expected behaviour? I am using this to give
my index a nicer looking structure, which is quite wasted, if each user has
the "ugly" index at first visit.
If you give me a pointer whether you have already fixed it, or where it
probably should be fixed, I will have a look myself and submit a patch.

Thanks,
Frank