[dokuwiki] Re: Is $_GET documented - if so where?

  • From: Chris G <cl@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 19 Dec 2010 14:11:53 +0000

On Sat, Dec 18, 2010 at 10:17:53PM +0100, Andreas Gohr wrote:
> > I'm using $_GET to retrieve the parameters...
>
> This is really basic PHP knowledge and way beyond the scope of this
> list. Some basic PHP knowledge is required to write DokuWiki plugins
> and can not be teached here. Please stick to DokuWiki specific
> questions here.

That's all I needed, I hadn't realised that $_GET is a PHP thing.  :-)

I'm a very (as in 30 years or so) experienced C programmer, and also
know about C++, Java and various other areas but PHP is new to me.
Thus, while *programming* is not a big issue and PHP is very like C with
a few quirks, things like $_GET are quite new to me.

--
Chris Green