[dokuwiki] Internal Rewriting Failing & Mail Authorization Issue

  • From: John Concilus <jconcilus@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 19 Feb 2006 18:10:10 -0900

Not everyone has access to .htaccess files or if they do has access to mod_rewrite options through them. If you do, I'd use the .htaccess approach. The url's are nicer. If you don't .... ;)

Chris,

Turns out that on THIS particular server I do not have access to the .htaccess files. This
is my last website remaining on an old hosting service, so my controls are more limited.

So...I used "Internal" (setting of 2), and all heck broke loose ;-)

Images failed, and although the login button appeared, when I clicked it, or
went anywhere else, I kept getting "No input file"....

Resetting the variable to "0" fixed images, and allowed the registration screen to
appear and process.

I wanted the URLs to be as search engine friendly as possible....but don't know how
to enable rewriting if .htaccess is out, and I can't seem to make "Internal" work. I wish I could
move the whole site to another server I have, but this not in the cards this week.

Authorization Mail Issue

To make matters even MORE exiting, the ACL files I installed seemed to work
correctly....got a nice green bar at the top of the page that tells me my
password has been sent.  But, it doesn't show up.

I'm feeling cursed at the moment.

Here is my conf/local.php file.

<?php
$conf['recent'] = 50; //how many entries to show in recent
$conf['dformat'] = 'd/m/Y H:i'; //dateformat accepted by PHPs date() function
$conf['pluginmanager'] = 0; //enable automated plugin management
$conf['userewrite'] = 2; //this makes nice URLs: 0: off 1: .htaccess 2: internal
$conf['useacl'] = 1; // this enables the ACL feature
$conf['openregister'] = 1; // users are allowed to register themselves (default)
$conf['superuser'] = 'exampleuser'; // admin group is superuser
$conf['authtype'] = 'plain'; // plaintext backend (default)
$conf['autopasswd'] = 1; //autogenerate passwords and email them to user
$conf['passcrypt'] = 'smd5'; //Used crypt method (smd5,md5,sha1,ssha,crypt,mysql,my411)
$conf['defaultgroup']= 'user'; //Default groups new Users are added to
$conf['profileconfirm'] = '1'; //Require current password to confirm changes to user profile
$conf['notify'] = 'blah@xxxxxxxxxxxx'; //send change info to this email (leave blank for nobody)
$conf['mailfrom'] = 'blahblah@xxxxxxxxxxxx'; //use this email when sending mails
$conf['subscribers'] = 0; //enable change notice subscription support
$conf['pluginmanager'] = 0; //enable automated plugin management (requires plugin)
?>

conf/acl.auth.php

# acl.auth.php
# <?php exit()?>
# Don't modify the lines above
#
# Access Control
#
none   0
read   1
edit   2
create 4
upload 8
delete 16

*                               @ALL        4
*                               @BLAH           8
*                               exampleuser     16
*                               othereguy               16

Sure hope I'm not wearing out my welcome as a newbie with stupid questions. I've tried
to find answers before leaning on the group, and do appreciate the help.

Regards,

JTC
--

        "No matter where you go, there you are."

                                Buckaroo Banzai & Confucius

Digital Contacts: http://www.bssd.org jconcilus@xxxxxxxx Skype VOIP: Johncn2

John Concilus, Coordinator of Educational Technology
Bering Strait School District
225 Polar Bear Avenue
Unalakleet, AK 99684
907-624-4237 (Office)