[dokuwiki] Re: Installing Dokuwiki on hosted webspace

  • From: "J.L. Coenders" <dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2006 20:08:56 +0100

Hi,

> > > Describe the environment in which it occurs
> > On a provider called nederhost.nl, they run Apache 2.0.54 with PHP
> > 4.3.11 They have the following directory structure:
> > webspace
> > |- www              viewable from the outside, here you put your php scripts
> > |- scripts  to run scripts in, mainly for perl/cgi, not viewable
> > |- data             directory to put your data in, not viewable from the
> > outside
> >
> > I would like to put the data files of dokuwiki in the data directory
> > and the  rest in www.
>
> This should work with setting
>
> $conf['savedir'] = '/path/to/webspace/data';
>
> Using
>
> $conf['savedir'] = '../data';
>
> should probably work, too.

I have tried the first option, using the full path to the root (/). It works
if I put the dokuwiki data directory anywhere in the www directory, but if I
try moving it to the webserver data directory, I keep getting:

DokuWiki Setup Error

The datadir does not exist, isn't accessable or writable. Check your config
and permission settings!

Any idea what might cause this? Could it be that dokuwiki is unable to access
this webserver data directory because it is not viewable from the webserver?

Another thing I have noticed that in the cache directory dokuwiki uses the
standard webserver user to write files. However, because I do not have access
to this user (only the host has access to this) I am unable to delete these
files.
Do you know how to change dokuwiki to write the files as a different
uses/group?

Regards,
Jeroen