[dokuwiki] How to debug "Unable to download the file: ..." when installing extensions

  • From: Frank Thommen <list.dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2018 18:05:50 +0100

Hi,

when I try to install plugins from the Extension Manager, I always get a "Unable to download the file: ...". This used to work "a while ago". The proxy settigs are correct: a) they haven't changed since years and b) when I change them, the Extension Manager cannot even search for plugins.

Downloading the plugin files from the terminal (curl, wget) works fine with the same proxy settings.

How can I debug this issue? DW doesn't seem to generate any error log, the apache logs don't help as the issue doesn't happen at the webserver level and &do=debug doesn't help either in this case. &httpdebug also doesn't help, as this option is not preserved when clicking the "install" buttons in the Extension Manager.

Is there any other way to generate DW debugging information?

The used DW version is 'Release 2017-02-19e "Frusterick Manners"'.

Cheers
frank