[dokuwiki] Re: Hiding underscores in names on wiki page

  • From: sports tg <sportstg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 3 Feb 2006 10:22:24 +0000

Thanks for the posts guys.

On 02/02/06, Chris Smith <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Mark McCoy wrote:
> > The bomb.txt file is just a page like any other, not a special type of
> > index or something.  Just create your "start" page (the one you get if
> > you just go to http://your.server/doku.php with whatever links you
> > want on it.  YMMV, but I only really use the index to jump to a page
> > that I can't remember how to get to otherwise.

 Interesting. There must be other ways of navigating I am not aware of.

The method Mark is talking about is not dynamic, in that you will have
> to edit the page to keep it up to date with any page additions or
> deletions.  I guess the ideal solution would be for an "index" syntax
> plugin which could generate a configurable index listing in a dokuwiki
> page.  Then you could use that page as either a contents page or in a
> sidebar.  No such plugin exists at present.

 I like the sidebar idea, I think it's one work on a potentail plugin to do
list.

Your other alternative is to make this small hack ...

> file: /inc/parser/xhtml.php
> function:  _simpleTitle()  (~ line #890)
>
> change the last line of the function from
>    return $name;
>   return str_replace("_"," ", $name);

This works really well. Thank you. Perhaps there could be an option created
that if turned on would run this code. This could also be extended to do the
same for the title rendered when showing a page. I haven't tried to find
that code, but probably a similiar hack could be done.

I really think creating an option would be worthwhile and would not
complicate the code.

Thanks for thinking about this "problem" y'all.