[dokuwiki] Re: Hiding underscores in names on wiki page

  • From: Chris Smith <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 02 Feb 2006 18:33:37 +0000

Mark McCoy wrote:

The bomb.txt file is just a page like any other, not a special type of
index or something.  Just create your "start" page (the one you get if
you just go to http://your.server/doku.php with whatever links you
want on it.  YMMV, but I only really use the index to jump to a page
that I can't remember how to get to otherwise.

On 2/2/06, sports tg <sportstg@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi Mark,

Thanks for the example.

Are you using the index as your main way of navigating your pages, or
some other method? The index will always show the "real" name with
underscores.
I am using the index. I have not created anyhing special, just made sure my
file names had underscores.

The method Mark is talking about is not dynamic, in that you will have to edit the page to keep it up to date with any page additions or deletions. I guess the ideal solution would be for an "index" syntax plugin which could generate a configurable index listing in a dokuwiki page. Then you could use that page as either a contents page or in a sidebar. No such plugin exists at present.

Your other alternative is to make this small hack ...

file: /inc/parser/xhtml.php
function:  _simpleTitle()  (~ line #890)

change the last line of the function from return $name;
return str_replace("_"," ", $name);

I hope this helps,

Chris