[dokuwiki] Re: Help with best way to enter data into dokuwiki

  • From: Adrian Sai-wah Tam <adrian@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2007 21:56:19 +0800

Well....I will use a spreadsheet to enter the data and export to CSV, then use CSV plugin to put it on DW.

Tony Steward wrote:
I am after some feed back on how I might add a part list conversion.

I have about ten brands of keyblank manufacturers for locksmiths.
Each manufacturer might make from 10,000 to 20,000 keyblanks.

So I want to list all the part numbers from all the manufacturers that are the
same.

Eg.
^  Ilco  ^  Silca  ^  Cole  ^  Dominion  ^  Kis  ^  MrMinute  ^
|  IL4   |  LW4    |  LD3   |  LOC4      |  4    |  3         |

So header row is the brands
Second row is the part numbers that all match the same shaped keyblank.

What would be the best way to enter such data into DW to make it easily
searchable?
Is Dokuwiki suitable for this task?
I know IE can not support a single table this large & that would not be usable
anyway.

Tony Steward