[dokuwiki] Re: Has anyone written an RTF -> Dokuwiki converter?

  • From: Andreas Gohr <andi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 05 Jul 2007 15:44:55 +0200

Jim Seymour writes:

I've been slowly posting an old genealogy book on a Dokuwiki site.

The process involves scanning a page, running it through OCR, saving the results as a text file, then hand-editing it to add back in the necessary italics and bold formatting.

What I'd like to do is automate this conversion as much as possible.

Has anyone written a utility to convert simple RTF into Dokuwiki format? (RTF seems the most promising format here - but if there are other converters available, I'm all ears).

Not that I am aware of. But if your RTF is reasonable simple enough, you will probably find a RTF to HTML converter which will produce simple enough HTML to run it through a HTML to DokuWiki converter. Another Method would be to open your RTF in OpenOffice or MS Word and use the available conversion Macros.

See

http://search.dokuwiki.org/word+macro
http://search.dokuwiki.org/openoffice+macro
http://search.dokuwiki.org/convert+html