[dokuwiki] Re: Google Summer of Code 2012 announced

  • From: Michael Hamann <michael@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 8 Feb 2012 11:48:27 +0100

Hi,

On Mon, Feb 6, 2012 at 10:39 PM, Colin McKinnon
<colin.mckinnon@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
[...]
> I guess the one thing I'd really like would be if Dokuwiki supported a
> pre-publish document review system. I'm happy to write a more
> detailled specification if people think it sounds interesting.

do you mean something like https://www.dokuwiki.org/plugin:publish or
did you have something different in mind?

I'm not sure if I would really like to offer such a project as GSoC
task. First of all approved versions are already implemented in the
publish plugin. So of course we could do something like that every
change needs to be reviewed before it will be visible at all. I don't
think this really fits into the wiki way of doing things. Correct me
if I should be wrong, but I think the main reason for wanting
something like that is that you are an enterprise and want to use
DokuWiki as document management system. I don't think we should use
GSoC for funding features that are mainly wanted by enterprises that
could also pay for somebody implementing it and do not really fit into
a wiki.

Michael