[dokuwiki] Re: Google Summer of Code 2012 announced

  • From: Michael Hamann <michael@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 4 Mar 2012 21:51:01 +0100

Hi,

I propose meeting tomorrow (Monday March 5th) at 20:00 CET [0] in the
IRC channel again as already proposed at the end of the last meeting.

The current status is:
- We have decided that we want to apply and that I'll to do the
organizational stuff again (i.e. I'll be organisation admin)
- I haven't submitted the application yet but we have still a few days
left (deadline is on March 9)

Stuff that needs to be done:
- Collect more ideas, we had mentioned some of them during the last
meeting but nobody has written them down yet as far as I'm aware
- Decide which ideas should be proposed for GSoC (if not all of them),
that's one of the topics I propose for the meeting tomorrow
- Polish our application at
http://www.dokuwiki.org/devel:gsoc_organization#application a bit,
it's mostly the stuff from last year with some additions/adaptions, I
would love if especially Håkan and Andi could add some more
experiences from last year and I think also rewriting the rest would
be good so it isn't like "the same thing as last year" because I think
it isn't that, we gained a lot of experience compared to last year and
I think it would be good to reflect that in our application

What if everybody (or at least those who want to be GSoC mentors)
would try to create or improve an idea page till the meeting tomorrow?
It doesn't need to be polished, a short idea, maybe some keywords
should be enough for the beginning. If you need some ideas have a look
at the log of the last meeting [1] - some keywords were e.g.
performance, making the meta data store replaceable, improving the
organization of attic (users complain about the performance of attic
in large wikis), or improving plugins like the tag plugin, add odt
export support to the most used plugins, ... I'm currently quite busy
learning for some exams so I don't have that much time but I hope that
will be better again after Tuesday and I'll also try to add at least
one of these ideas to the wiki till tomorrow evening.

Michael

[0]:
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20120305T20&p1=48&sort=1
[1]: http://irc.dokuwiki.org/index.php?d=2012-02-20#msg376905